GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what kind of mileage people are getting from Stone709 on front? Mine was shot at 9k. Is that about average?

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
My last one was almost to the wear bars at 20k.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
First two were pretty toasted at 11.5K. Then I met Murgie and TravelinLite. I had one last 8K, one 6.5K and the rest <5K since then. Not sure what happened. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
8,500 about average for me...

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Using to much front brake to avoiding running in the back of me? :shrug:
:lol::lol::lol: HA-HA-HA-HA :lol::lol::lol: LOL LOL LOL :lol::lol::lol:

The only time that was even remotely true was when you were stopped in a parking lot at Deal's Gap. I didn't even do that to SC Flip!! ;)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Looked at mine today...21,000...expect to get another 1,500 or 2,000 before the wear bars start to touch pavement. Almost all freeway miles at 41 psi though.

·
Special Administrator "Internal Affairs" To Facili
6,944 Posts
I guess it depends on how a person rides and the road conditions in there area. I am on my second one. The last one was about ten years ago. I got less than 5K out of it The one I have on now has about 4k on it and it looks good. It's been mostly highway miles.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I get 20 to 22K on mine it varies. I also have a corrected odometer.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
709 life

Thanks for all the replies. I guess there is no norm. I forgot to say I was keeping press. around 38psi.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
About 11,000 is all I can get. And I don't have a lot of curves. Put a BT45 on and got right at 19,000 before the sides we're wore out. Still had quite a bit of center tread. Put my second BT45 on.

·
Registered
145 Posts
About 13,000 on the first one and 14,000 on the second. They weren't necessarily wore out as much as the cupping was so bad the handlebars shook at 35 with my hands on the bars.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I have gone through a few G709 on the front always seem to get 20K on them :thumbup:
20,000 MILES ? Not that I don't believe you, but I don't drive aggressively, keep my pressure adjusted properly, don't weigh 225lbs, drive mainly one up, and would have to trailer mine almost half those miles to get that kind of mileage. Of course, mine sees very few miles under 70 mph. I'm a grandpa but I'm not in a wheelchair yet either.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I have the same problem Elrod has. I used to get about 10K out of them. Then I rode with Murgie and friends once and I started getting about 7K or less. Then, not being a quick learner, I rode with Murgie and friends more often and now am lucky to get 5K. But I am having twice the fun so that's a win.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts