GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought I would start a forum on using a brake light modulator.

What brand is the best and what do most people do about this?????

How difficult is the wiring for this device?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have the Kisan TailBlazer for the spoiler. VERY easy install! It took me longer to take the trunk lid liner off than it took to install the unit.

I chose NOT to install a modulator on all brake lights. I thought, "what happens to my lights if the modulator fails?" I couldn't find a good answer that would assure me my lights would still work, so I left remaining lights as is. If the modulator goes out and takes the spoiler light with it, I still have the remaining lights.

Since installing it, I have also noticed many people will stop farther away than before.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use the Hyper light brake light system. Mounted them in the curve of the trunk lid of the passenger back rest. They are very small and high enough that people can see them over the top of my trailer when I am towing. I do have a trunk rack but no spoiler. I also mounted a set on my trailer now there is no excuse that they cannot see that I have applied the brakes. They blink rapidly for 5 seconds then go steady. I went that way as to not interfere with the oem brake light system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts