GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a set of baker hand wings last night, the wings went on easy , the stops were another story, while trying to open the gap on one of the stops, I broke it, now I only have one stop and I cannot get it over the chrome mirror frame in the first place, Is there an Item that can replace these stops? or can I live without them:?:

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I presume you're talking about the mirror wings that mount under the mirrors.

I put mine on a couple of weeks ago, no problem with the stops. But my mirrors are stock with no extra chrome covers or anything mounted on them. I take it your mirrors have some sort of chrome accessory on them that increases the thickness of the bottom lip where the stops mount?

It's nice to have the stops if you can get them to fit on your mirrors. They keep the wing from flying all the way around backwards if they're already in a partially open position and you get hit with a gust of wind.

I'd contact Baker directly and tell them the stops broke during installation and you need two replacements. I'd be surprised if they wouldn't just send them to you no charge.

Contact Baker at 800-451-9464 or [email protected] . I'd tell them about your specific problem with mounting the stops. Maybe they can recommend a solution.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got em

Thanks Wingman 71,
I called Baker directly and they said that I needed a different type stop that will fit over the Chrome Mirror frame. They are sending me a set free of charge. Thank you so much for the steer in the right direction:bow:

·
Banned
7,604 Posts
Thanks Wingman 71,
I called Baker directly and they said that I needed a different type stop that will fit over the Chrome Mirror frame. They are sending me a set free of charge. Thank you so much for the steer in the right direction:bow:
Yep, I was getting ready to tell you, the word chrome in your post was a key word as to why the ones supplie would not fit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Baker Wings

Who said customer service was a thing of the past:yes1::yes1::yes1:
Thanks Wingman 71,

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Never had stops on my mirror wings. They stay where ever I postion them.

·
Registered
19,052 Posts
The stops are nice. They also have a set screw that tightens a bit. THis may have been set down

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Is there an Item that can replace these stops? or can I live without them:?:

You can tighten the screw that adjusts the friction between the washers so that they stay put at any speed. You probably will want to do that anyway even though they are sending new ones.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Never had stops on my mirror wings. They stay where ever I postion them.
Mine wouldn't stay full open above 75 mph. They turned and shut off the air. I called Baker and this is a common complaint and why they came out with the stops. I put mine on and now never a problem.

·
Vendor
17,367 Posts
Thanks Wingman 71,
Your map has a lot of white ... I'm just saying !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts