GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 1/2 storage cover delivered by ups. Its a great product, but this will not work for me. There is a huge gap on each side for the wind to come and blow in , I live in a very windy area on top a hill, I can see the bike getting tipped over with a gust of wind, so I will have to let it sit outside. No garage or shed. Any body have any advise to keep the electronics or speakers from getting damage out in wind and rain. New owner and loving every minute of it. I have a car without window now...:thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:eek:4: Hmmm, I was told by the dealer that with the wind blowing on the whole storage cover it would take the paint off on the bike...So I thought maybe try half...I did put the tye downs criss cross across the seat and it seams like it might hold some wind out...I will have to watch for awhile. Exposes the seat some, but can live with that if I can avoid the bike blowing over...

·
Registered
501 Posts
If you cover it and are not near it ALL the time, I would put some props underneath the front crash bars to keep it from tipping over in high winds. The cover at like sails:eek:4: and will tip one over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts