GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i got one of those storage pouchs that attaches to the left side storage lid. It attached with straps, that now prevent the lid from closing. Really like the extra and easy to get to storage the pouch gives, but not the fact that the lid is always flopping open. Anyone have one of these and have a cure or mounting tips for floppy lid syndrome?? :roll:

·
lightley seasoned member
3,081 Posts
There are 2 screws on the button side of the left pocket lid. Might try shimming both screws with the same size washer and see if that helps...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Not quite sure what type of pouch your talking about but am assuming it attaches inside the compartment. Can you not just trim a bit of the top of the storage compartment for the hangers? Much like trimming out a bit of the compartment for a power cable.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just bought 4 inch wide velcro. Covered the lid with one and the back of the pouch with the other. You can take it off when you want to and the soft black velcro blends in.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used a snap tool and attached 3 snaps to the pouch, and screwed the other end onto the lid. That has held it tight for many thousands of miles. The straps are no longer necessary.

You should also check the latch piece on the bottom of the lid itself, and make certain that it is not folded back so that it cannot be hooked when closed. If it is bent just a little bit the cover will not latch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts