GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my second new car tire and in the meantime bought another one on sale.. never been mounted.... what is the best place to keep it so it wont age so fast....I have it in the house for now... Is sunlight the worst enemy? :shrug:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I just put on my second new car tire and in the meantime bought another one on sale.. never been mounted.... what is the best place to keep it so it wont age so fast....I have it in the house for now... Is sunlight the worst enemy? :shrug:
Yes, I do believe UV light is a tires biggest enemy. That is probably followed by heat.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Keep it cool and in the dark.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's a good article ... Ideal would be to take the bulb out of the freezer and store it there HHaa.. I think I will put it in a dark garbage bag and tie it shut and store it inside of a building.... Or I could maybe sell it.. a Dunlap 3000 rf. It's gonna be a while before I get to use it.. got 8000 miles on the one I have on now and still looks like new...Got 22000 out of the kumho rf I took off ..... went to a non rf to see the difference....Thanks for the prompt reply

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Are we saying, store it in the freezer next to the veg-i-ta-bulls?;)

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Also keep it off the ground, concrete floor, dirt, whatever. Those things can shorten the tires life. Just a piece of cardboard will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts