GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not camped in Pa. for at least two years. I decided to go to Clear Creek State park on Aug, 22 2011 First.I was impressed with the park. I will write about it in Campground forum.The sites were big, and level. Most sites have electric. They are along the beautiful Clarion River.

The roads going there were tree covered awesome.

If you like off road trails this is the place for you. When I left Cross Creek I headed up to Kinzua Lake. There were many dirt bike crossings that I passed. The roads I was on was ( rt66) was very scenic. Most of it was right along the water.

Then down rt 62 to Tionesta. Rt62 is awesome scenic. It travels along the Allegheny River. What a nice ride.Then Tionesta Dam. Corp of Army Eng. For Me, $14.00 a night with electric. Nice clean campground.

I even tryed to fish. I was after the Whopper. I got it at Burger King.
Next week I am off to WV. and Babcock State park. I want to check out the Cass RR. , and some great roads.

This trip was made by that Ruggedly Handsome man if you see me out there stop and say hi.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thanks,
Nice Photo's and camp ground. Hope you are getting along well

David

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I grew up in Franklin, Pa and spend alot of time up on Kinzua Reservoir as a teen.

I was just talking to someone the other day about setting the cruise at 45 MPH on route 62 and winding down along the Allegheny. That is a beautiful ride.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Gene,
Great to see you enjoying life on a Wing.

Great pictures and that camper fits you perfectly.

The cruiser

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Wow... I really wish it was cool enough in Texas to camp.

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Wished I was there right now :?Thanks for the pics :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts