GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed my Progressive Motorcycle Insurance had me insured for a GL1500. I called the company - told it would be changed to a GL1800(I have an '01). Just got the revised insurance copy back - yep! GL1500. Another call - this time I'm told even though I have an GL1800 it all goes under the 1500 model. Anyone else notice this who has Progressive? Question: couldn't a programmer whip up an GL1800 designation?

No big problem here, just a strange way to insure a no-named model.

Bob-PA

G

·
0 Posts
I noticed this with Geicko ins I had at first but when I switched to Progressive , their policy states Goldwing 1832 cc's on my ins papers I got from them

·
Registered
218 Posts
I noticed the wrong nomenclature on their web site, but my actual paperwork in hand was correct. When I switched insurance from the 2003 which I totalled to the new 2004, I noticed the error and called them stating the web site was listing my Wing as a 2003 (soon to be 2004) as a "GL1500." Impossible, Honda hasn't made a "GL1500" for some time. Progressive said they would fix the issue, but when they put in the VIN, that is what comes back.

Just checked the web site and it correctly lists my 2004 Honda GL1800.

They must have fix'd the web glitch.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
I had a number of annoying experiences with Progressive. One "glitch" actually required them to cancel my policy and to write a new policy for my last bike. The old policy (for some odd reason) could not be changed any other way.

The local insurance agent for Progressive got so fed up with them, that she turned my business over directly to Progressive. The frustration was not worth what little she made off of the policy.

I eventually got a better deal with getting the house, cars, and motorcyle all with the same insurer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts