GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I asked for suggestions about some strange noises coming from the front of my trike: http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/view ... highlight=

I tried several of the suggestion that I got from this board and the GWRRA board but couldn’t come up with a reason for the noises.

I took it to my dealer, Haps Cycle Sales in Sarasota, yesterday and the owner rode the bike and diagnosed the problem as a bad wheel bearing. They had the bearings and seals in stock and pulled one of the mechanics off a new Gold Wing he was setting up. The bearings were replaced while I waited and now I’m worry free again. The total bill was less than $100 which was a pleasant surprise. (The trike is a few months out of warranty)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Sure wish Haps was closer to me...they sure seem like nice people after meeting them all at the Ride for Kids. Hope you both had nice holidays, enjoyed meeting you too...

We're down your way tomorrow for the day but have to drive the car...have a 4' ceramic turtle planter (don't ask) we have to deliver to my folks over in Cortez.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scott, if you don't have anything planned for New Years Day, our Bradenton Gwrra Chapter is having a picnic at Simmons Park. The park is just north of Ruskin (take 19th Ave E towards the Gulf and it will lead you right into Simmons Park) We will start about 10AM and then a ride to the FPL Power plant is planned to see the Manatees. Its a bring you own picnic lunch deal. We will have some games, etc.
Anyone else who lives or is visiting in the area is welcome. Just ride into the park and look for a bunch of Gold Wings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts