GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No FI light comes on. Will be running bike and starts to act like it is running out of gas, loss of power. Can shut it off and runs good again. Seems to do it when I have about 160 miles on the tank of gas. Doesn't do it all the time. Any thoughts appreciated .
David

·
Vendor
17,787 Posts
I'd pull the codes and see if one is stored. Sometimes a failing ECM will do that and not throw a code.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,370 Posts
No FI light comes on. Will be running bike and starts to act like it is running out of gas, loss of power. Can shut it off and runs good again. Seems to do it when I have about 160 miles on the tank of gas. Doesn't do it all the time. Any thoughts appreciated .
David
The next time it does it, don’t turn it off, just stop and open the gas cap to see if it’s vapor locked.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
A clogged fuel filter will also mimic running out of gas, then be ok a few minutes later.
Just saying I don t think this bike has a fuel filter :yes1:
No fuel filter per say on the GL1800. Just a sock on the bottom of the in-tank fuel pump.I could be wrong but I've never heard of anybody having a dirty/clogged sock but I guess it could happen

Reactions: goldwing fan

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
What TD said!!

:thumbup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haven't talked with him. Had told him to drain all the gas out put fresh in with a little seafoam. Haven't heard back. Will up date once I find the problem.
David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts