GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riding my '03 Goldwing into the small town I live near doing 45 mph in a 45 mph speed limit down hill today .

I can't image I didn't hear him, but this Harley dude scared the grap out of me by passing me a few feet on my left in my SAME lane on double lines.

Is this legal on double lines even though he didn't cross over in the left lane??

What'a SOB........... :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
I don't know if it's legal, but my personal opinion is that it's rude as hell unless the lead rider moves to the right AND signals to go ahead. I don't believe you should ever assume the other driver (or in this case, rider) sees you and/or knows what you are going to do.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He was just giving you some "Harley Attitude." :evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,789 Posts
Although (in most states) it is not illegal for two bikes to share a lane, the laws usually specifys that both bikes must agree to share the lane. So, it was probably illegal. He was certainly a jacka$$ and putting both your lifes at risk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
yellow wolf said:
lots of states allow lane sharing but both partys need to agree to it,so in your case no!
That is true in California.

The lane is yours on your right and your left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,375 Posts
tjshelton said:
Although (in most states) it is not illegal for two bikes to share a lane, the laws usually specifys that both bikes must agree to share the lane. So, it was probably illegal. He was certainly a jacka$$ and putting both your lifes at risk.
Another match for California law.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,515 Posts
I'd forgive him!! He was obviously heading to the unveiling of the new HD costumes at their weekly fashion show. :lol:

Halloween is near you know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
552 Posts
mr.b said:
I'd forgive him!! He was obviously heading to the unveiling of the new HD costumes at their weekly fashion show. :lol: Halloween is near you know.
Naahhhh... he was on his way to wingerville to attend their costume party :wink:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
I don't care who you are. That's funny!

I will pass another bike in the same lane if he is going under the speed limit and is keeping a straight line. I wait several minutes and look for a normal way to pass and give him the chance to allow me by after being sure he is aware of my presence. If he wants to drive slow then he should expect to be passed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,169 Posts
If there's one thing that's worse than a cager not giving a rider the respect and space they deserve on the road, it's one rider doing the same thing to another rider. The guy was an absolute jerk! :twisted:
 
W

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
azblackbird said:
mr.b said:
I'd forgive him!! He was obviously heading to the unveiling of the new HD costumes at their weekly fashion show. :lol: Halloween is near you know.
Naahhhh... he was on his way to wingerville to attend their costume party :wink:

Never went to GWRRA get together, do they REALLY dress like this???????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,251 Posts
I've had 'em pass me on the RIGHT side also. One time I had two crotch rockets fly up behind me at about 100 mph or so, and they passed, one on each side. Good thing I didn't move.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
634 Posts
azblackbird said:
mr.b said:
I'd forgive him!! He was obviously heading to the unveiling of the new HD costumes at their weekly fashion show. :lol: Halloween is near you know.
Naahhhh... he was on his way to wingerville to attend their costume party :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You know, . . . it's much like the good old days.


:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,688 Posts
I vote for the couple on the left :)

While in Sturgis one year I was tooling along diggin on my stereo when two sons of silence came upon me, one passed on the left one on the right in a corner no less downhill even. If a car had come around that curve I would have had to deal with a huge wreck.. It was unnerving to say the least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
The guy on the HD had a woodie as it was one of the few opportunities he will ever have to pass a wing. As we all know, it's way too easy to pass a Harley. Broken down ones don't count by the way. :wink:

Speaking of Sturgis, same lane passing is illegal and is enforced.
http://www.sturgis.com/police.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Outfits?

hubert said:
azblackbird said:
mr.b said:
I'd forgive him!! He was obviously heading to the unveiling of the new HD costumes at their weekly fashion show. :lol: Halloween is near you know.
Isn't it true that the more stuff you can add to your vest, the more virgins that await you after death? Oh,,,wait,,,,I'm thinkin' of somethin' else. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
703 Posts
MotorcycleBoy said:
I don't care who you are. That's funny!

I will pass another bike in the same lane if he is going under the speed limit and is keeping a straight line. I wait several minutes and look for a normal way to pass and give him the chance to allow me by after being sure he is aware of my presence. If he wants to drive slow then he should expect to be passed.
I will be sure to look for you if I'm in Norman. My lane is my lane no matter what speed I'm going.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
200 Posts
Legal is simply subjective, if it is or does cause a dangerous situation
the issue of legal is mute.

Just a shame that Johnny Law was not cruisin' in the vicinity :)
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top