GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
I haven't used that particular bag but I use a Saddlemen BR4100 back seat bag that works great.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Can’t say I totally trust strapping things to those supposed passenger grips, but I guess if I just use that bag for clothes and things of not much value, what’s the worst that could happen!

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I zip tied 2 D rings to each grab rail. Now, anything on the real seat can be bungeed to these D rings and be held safely.

Reactions: Drgsin and laen

·
Registered
71 Posts
there are notches at the end of the hand rails which will secure round cord type bungee cords (i bought mine from wal-mart in plastic container value pack) in place if you cross them on top of the bag. I rode 1K miles with a ruck sack strapped to the back seat with 2 bungee cords in this manner.

You may want consider mounting the bag vertical instead of horizontal, if it is to wide.

·
IronMan
17,636 Posts
I stand mine up and cross strap it to handles up to trunk rack

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks! Can’t say I totally trust strapping things to those supposed passenger grips, but I guess if I just use that bag for clothes and things of not much value, what’s the worst that could happen!
I use my Tractor Supply bungees to hold a 30 lb., $600 tent. It has traveled safely for a couple of thousand miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Drilled 2 holes in each grab rail. looped a large cable tie (black) thru the holes and attach bungie/ Rok strap to cable tie loop.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Perfect! One will be on order very shortly :grin2: Thanks!
I have the same kit & the set up comes with the BR3400 series bag & it would work as it is VERY versatile!! & it also comes with straps to use it as a back pack & has a built in backrest for the driver.

I use the strap kit to mount the bag on my pack-it rack type carrier, works perfect very well made & engineered
strap kit.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Willie & Max also make a similar set-up. Seems like 1 came with something I bought from Kuryakyn a while back as well.
Works nicely.:thumbup:

·
Love The DCT
12,020 Posts
I used a bag similar in size to what you showed with carrying handles. I tied it down using bungee cords wraped around the passenger grab rails with the hook ends attached to the carrying handles. Completed a 5K trip with it strapped down that way and never had any problems.

:doorag:

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
A friend does that but I saw where it was lying against the paint under the handles. Likely does no damage to the paint but it would concern me somewhat.
In fact it has done a very slight amount of damage on mine, which is why you might see in one of the photos the soft towel that I now place underneath it. No biggie.

·
Registered
292 Posts
As stated above.. there is a track in the bottom of the OEM grip. Run a round bungee under the handle and X fasten them over the top of the bag on the back seat. I've traveled around half the country like this. Never feel like I'll loose my back. Secure as anything you fasten a bungee to.

Attachments

Reactions: murf

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
"Strapping bag to seat"

Hmmmmm. She might not like that.

prs

Reactions: INTHEWIND
1 - 20 of 25 Posts