GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a new shield that will direct the wind above my head. My stock shield allows the wind to really shake my head up. I' 6'2 x 34" inseam and wonder if the Vstream or the Windbender will do a better job of directing the wind upward. I don't want to sit "under" a big shield. I already have a full set of bakers installed and want to make my purchase with others "on the road" experience ! I have ridden my friends Harley Ultra limited and his windshiled is mounted at more of a vertical angle and the wind does not bother me at all. I think the proper shield will help alot.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
I am your height and love the bender

·
Registered
532 Posts
5 11 love the bender Might go to electric soon

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Given the expense of shields it sure would be nice if you could ride a bike equipped with the one you "think" you might want. I did just that and discovered the shield I thought I wanted did not handle the air flow well for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Given the expense of shields it sure would be nice if you could ride a bike equipped with the one you "think" you might want. I did just that and discovered the shield I thought I wanted did not handle the air flow well for me.
I sure like that idea ! I wish some of the suppliers had "used" shields that they could ship to let me try it out first! Anyway...what shield did not work for you ?

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
I sure like that idea ! I wish some of the suppliers had "used" shields that they could ship to let me try it out first! Anyway...what shield did not work for you ?
From the Windbender web site:

Trial Program: We are so sure you'll like your Windbender that we'll let you buy one, put it on your bike and take it for a few test rides to find your personal sweet spot. If you absolutely do not like it and want to return the whole kit, we only ask that you send it back to us as clean as we sent it to you. A full refund, less the appropriate fee, will be credited to your card. FEES: There will be a $75 resurfacing fee for all returned Windbender kits. We don't expect the base shield to be perfect - it will never be perfect after installation - that's what the resurfacing fee is for. If you send your kit back with a dirty or scratched top shield, the fee will be $125.

My vote is for the Windbender. The wife prefers it too.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I can only comment on what I've tried:

V-Stream SE works great for me. I'm 6'3"/34" inseam.

I look over the screen and the comparison to my OEM screen ('02, no vent) is just unbelievable. Ridden the SE for about 10,000 miles and it's as clear as when I put it on -- and sheds water like new.

Happy deciding!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I had the WB on my 1500 and first 1800,I tried a V stream this time and its a toss up but quality wise I'll take the V stream

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Thanks MOH,

I'm changing that to $50 and $100 to make it a little easier to stomach.
I have used Windbenders available at $50 to $100 off :p

From the Windbender web site:

Trial Program: We are so sure you'll like your Windbender that we'll let you buy one, put it on your bike and take it for a few test rides to find your personal sweet spot. If you absolutely do not like it and want to return the whole kit, we only ask that you send it back to us as clean as we sent it to you. A full refund, less the appropriate fee, will be credited to your card. FEES: There will be a $75 resurfacing fee for all returned Windbender kits. We don't expect the base shield to be perfect - it will never be perfect after installation - that's what the resurfacing fee is for. If you send your kit back with a dirty or scratched top shield, the fee will be $125.

My vote is for the Windbender. The wife prefers it too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts