GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone wired the audio for the Streetpilot III into the the Goldwings audio system?

If so did you use the aux input or intercom or ??? Have any tricks to doing this connection?

I pick up my bike, 2004 candy black cherry goldwind, thursday. I can hardly wait.

Have the streetpilot and an xm radio that I am planning on installing this weekend. Have been reading the forum about all the mounting options and have found it very useful, thanks all. Just haven't found any mention of the SP audio.

Thanks for any info, from the almost new rider.

·
Registered
759 Posts
WDL....YES....go here http://www.cellset.com/ kennedy cell set....you can order any cell set that fits your needs....I run the street pilot 111 and a radar detector...kennedy made a cord for me to fit those needs...you may also want to run a cell phone too...he can add that in for more money naturally....great product...fast service...they stand behind their products. good luck. ride safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert. I will call them in the morning. Sounds exactly like what I need.

G

·
0 Posts
Kennedy is the ticket. Think whether you want your GPS to hook up via the intercom or via the audio.

If you hook it up via the audio, you must have AUX on. You won't hear your unit when the radio is on, instead of AUX, but you can hear your GPS through headsets or external speakers.

If you have it connected to the intercom, you can hear it whenever the intercom is on, regardless of audio setting, but the intercom must be on, and you will only hear it via headset.

Audio plays through headset or external speakers. Intercom only is heard through headset (I think.) Talk to Kennedy and think about what else you intend to connect [radar detector, mp3 player, XM radio, etc.], and where.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts