GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This weekend wanted to use the SPIII in the cage. I have my house torn apart and couldnt find the serial cord. I used the card reader and saved a route to the card. When I turned the GPS on I couldnt find the saved route. What the heck was I doing wrong. I ended up doing a search for the address and did get there.

Thanks in advance,

Winger

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
If you look at the info on the card reader transfer page, you'll see that when using the card reader transfer method, the only thing it will transfer is maps, not waypoints or routes.

Still learning mine too :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
SPIII Question

Winger

Don't have my book handy, its at the office, but I think I read that only maps can be saved to the card and routs/way points to the main unit.

I believe this is right but don't hold me to it.

Maybe someone else will have a better answer.

Ron

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Winger - even though you can use the serial cord that comes with your Garmin and have batteries to power up your GPS when connected and downloading from a computer, invest in a AC/PC powered Serial line and you'll find that works so much nicer. You can power up your garmin indoors for as long as you want and you're not rushing to power it off to save your batteries, what a difference.

DaleC

http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp?sku=010-10277-00

·
Registered
759 Posts
yup yup yup...routes are saved directly to the garmin unit itself using the serial cord ...card reader only stores map sets.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Winger,

What everyone above said.

Once you get the SP III down pat. It is time to get a later model. No fun in having a GPS and knowing how to use it.....LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
759 Posts
now I need a new gps to find my old gps....problems problems problems.... :p :p :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts