GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the new issue of the Iron Butt Magazine (Summer 2011), there is a comparison between the two "heavy hitters" in mapping software, Microsoft Streets & Trips (S&T) and Delorme Street Atlas (SA).

I know we have a lot of S&T users on here, but how many are using SA? I have used both fairly extensively (although it's been a while since I used either) and I have to agree with the conclusions in the IB mag.

The author's opinion is that S&T is more user friendly and there is less of a learning curve with it, but that SA is a lot more feature-rich and has more functionality than S&T but it takes just a little bit longer to reach proficiency with it.

I have to say that most of my experience is with SA and I am thinking about purchasing an Internet download (SA-2011, $39) to install on the Acer Netbook that I just bought.

Are there any Street Atlas users out there than can share their good and bad experiences? I like the features in SA, but I haven't used it since about 2007. I last used S&T in 2009. (Note: Both sell for $39)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Ttt

I would like to hear about the differences also. Back before GPS's were widespread, I used a Delorme Street program. At the time, I thought it was terrific.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts