GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a strobe light system on my 2005 Wing last year..everything worked great. Its tied in to my brake wire so anytime I use my brakes the lights in the rear strobe. I just installled my CB and I get a loud popping noise through the cb whenever I use my brakes and the lights strobe. The strobes do not interfere with the stereo or ipod...just the CB......

Is there a filter of some kind I need to prevent this? Is this line noise or RF noise being picked up by the antenna? I unplug the strobes..No Noise

Any ideas would help.......

P

·
0 Posts
Bullet said:
I installed a strobe light system on my 2005 Wing last year..everything worked great. Its tied in to my brake wire so anytime I use my brakes the lights in the rear strobe. I just installled my CB and I get a loud popping noise through the cb whenever I use my brakes and the lights strobe. The strobes do not interfere with the stereo or ipod...just the CB......

Is there a filter of some kind I need to prevent this? Is this line noise or RF noise being picked up by the antenna? I unplug the strobes..No Noise

Any ideas would help.......
Unplug the CB antenna from the radio and do a test.

If no noise then it's coming in the antenna or RF input.

If noise then it's coming through the power wires. Then you need a line filter. Also redo the power wiring by twisting both leads around each other so that they help to eliminate "common mode" noise on the power line.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In case Don's last idea wasn't clear, twist the power and ground wires for the strobe. Also, makes sure there is a good clean tight ground for the strobes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts