GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a CD skip will riding a couple of weeks ago, never thought much of it then, as I didn't play that album again.
Now this afternoon I was changing out my CD's on my 2002 GL and the one that skipped will not eject from system, door opens but that’s it!
Now I purchased the bike from the original owner, however he didn't have the owner’s manual for the Hondaline Cd Player.
Has anyone had this problem with their system? How did you fix or remedy this problem. Is there a manual separate from the owner’s manual? Has anyone a copy of the Owners manual for the unit that they can e-mail me?
:eek:ops2: :blw1: :yes:

·
Registered
412 Posts
cd player

Nothing in the owners manual will help with a jammed cd.

The cd player has a 3yr warranty if you bought it with the bike, since you bought the bike from someone else I have no idea if your covered. Mine jammed and I decided to fix it myself as I work with electronics all the time. If you feel comfortable take off the top/bottom and both sides. There is a ribbon cable that connects the front panel to the circuit board on the right side you need to disconnect before the front comes off. After that poke around very very carefully. I was able to remove all of my cd's and everything worked after I got it all back together.

One trick mentioned here that worked for me was if it jams while riding don't turn anything off, cd or the bike, just pull over and hit eject and the offending cd will eject, then just reload it, worked for me.

If I had to do over I would go with an mp3 player, probably the ipod.[/b]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Larry,

I don't have the CD player but in my experience there is always a manual eject for all CD drives I've seen. It can be accessed by inserting a paperclip into the small access hole at the front of the drive unit.

I thought it might help if the eject mechanism is failing to eject it.

Good luck with it.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts