GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
19,746 Posts
My 2018 manual transmission is stuck in first gear. It was hesitant to shift earlier in the ride now completely stuck. Any thoughts?
Luckily I just got the extended warranty.
Mileage ???

That's becoming a known issue. Your dealer will hopefully have it fixed quickly by replacing a shift link. It's still not known if the issue is caused by a deffective shift link, one that is poorly designed, or if the link is breaking because of other problems.

Please keep us posted with your repair. For example, when you have yours repaired and you pick it up, please leave your dealer with your warraty receipt, and from it, post the part numbers that your dealer used to fix your issue.

·
Vendor
19,746 Posts
Is this a problem on the 20 and 21 models also?
Don't know ... if new part number(s) are required to resolve the issue, I see no new part numbers listed in the parts fishe yet. If it is cause by a deffective batch of the shift links, I'm sure Honda has already resolved that. The other members who I've seen have this issue are riding 2018s and 19s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mileage ???

That's becoming a known issue. Your dealer will hopefully have it fixed quickly by replacing a shift link. It's still not known if the issue is caused by a deffective shift link, one that is poorly designed, or if the link is breaking because of other problems.

Please keep us posted with your repair. For example, when you have yours repaired and you pick it up, please leave your dealer with your warraty receipt, and from it, post the part numbers that your dealer used to fix your issue.
13,xxx miles
Thanks

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
[sarcasm]The only thing it could possibly be from is not changing the oil enough!! :geek:o_O[/sarcasm]

:p:D

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
[sarcasm]The only thing it could possibly be from is not changing the oil enough!! :geek:o_O[/sarcasm]

If that's the case, I'll never have to worry about that problem LOL cause of all the oil changes my bike has received............... :eek:

Ronnie
On the serious side, I'm glad you still have a warrantee on your bike, That takes the "sting" out of a bad problem....

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

(Speaking of sarcasm, where are all the ANTI-DCT guys who continuously bombarded every single DCT thread with "I will never, ever buy DCT because it will inevitably fail and cost boat loads of money to repair, and I will stick to the tried and true manual transmission, forever" guys?) 😀

Tim

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
8,825 Posts
(Speaking of sarcasm, where are all the ANTI-DCT guys who continuously bombarded every single DCT thread with "I will never, ever buy DCT because it will inevitably fail and cost boat loads of money to repair, and I will stick to the tried and true manual transmission, forever" guys?) 😀

Tim
What you mean like the DCT guys that just have to get on every manual transmission thread to tell how great the DCT is and how it frees up the mind from the shifting so you can enjoy the ride more and they will never buy a manual transmission bike again..LOL

·
Registered
345 Posts

Tim
Tim. (Speaking of sarcasm )
The Mind tends to lose shifting memory as you age.(Now what was I going to say-Oh ya)
One day it will happen to you, Then you'll only be left with an automatic motorcycle,
Or a fancy mobility cart (with a cup holder.) (y)

·
Vendor
19,746 Posts
I've now rode each many times, and once I gots over the overwhelming electronics, I think I enjoy the manual better. It has that badly needed 6th gear, and I am able to control slow speed manuvers better.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts

Tim
I'm one but I take no joy in someone having problems with their bike. I never predicted failures but I'm definitely anti.

·
Premium Member
2018 DCT Airbag
5,124 Posts
What you mean like the DCT guys that just have to get on every manual transmission thread to tell how great the DCT is and how it frees up the mind from the shifting so you can enjoy the ride more and they will never buy a manual transmission bike again..LOL
Can I quote you?

·
Registered
5,240 Posts

Tim
Not as much ANTI-DCT as PRO MANUAL, but dont take pleasure with either having problems. Let's not act like no one here has ever had a problem with their DCT that didn't require a extended stay at the dealership or a full motorcycle replacement. Because someone expresses their preference for a MT dosen't make them ANTI-DCT. it's great to have a choice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts