GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Cortez, right bag stuck...it appears to be the most forward lock. Tried pushing on it while pulling lever and pushing while depressing the trunk override button (the one in the trunk floor). Momma needs her face creme. Any other ideas?

Clothing may be stuck in lock hole

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I had some luck beating on the saddlebag door while pulling on the lever and it finally opened. I have had clothes get in the latch and add friction to the catch, too, but was able to get it open by fiddling with it for awhile.

Good luck,
2W

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fixed

Unscrewed trim molding and then hinge, clothing bag had jammed control bar that goes from back to front lock due to protective cover being missing

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had my cable retainer folded and caught in the front latch before. Always careful now to be sure those are directed into the saddlebag instead of toward the latch. To get it open I held the latch and just pulled on the darn thing, hoping nothing was going to break. It didn't and I was fine.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i think thes is a cap in the center bag that you remove and you can push a pin that will release tha hatch and open the side bags

1 - 5 of 5 Posts