GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Is that tire available in 130/70-18 ??? It's fairly easy to stud a car tire on the back, but the front still needs it.

Thanks in advance 8)

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm guessing....

you must be headed up to Georgetown for some racing on the lake this winter?
I've seen that from the highway and on the news - pretty ball-sy riders if you ask me. Falling on ice isn't much better than asphalt (though your slide might last longer).
Be careful out there.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
snow tires

TRUE STORY.
Back around '73 we were running 1/8th mile dirt drags. A 'run what ya brung" type contest.
One guy, trying to get more traction,studded the rear tire on a Sportster by putting sheet metal screws thru the tire from the inside,then filled the tire with dirt. :shock:
Almost instantly shredded the tire when he dumped the clutch.
Some guys laiughed @ him,but i gave him credit for trying it.
the hobo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Only problem is studs are now illegal in snowbelt Michigan :?
Used them on my car past the "outlaw" date and still remember the $100 ticket :cry:
and the sorry part is the damn things work great :twisted:

·
Immortal Member
3,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just messing with y'all. Don't know if these actually come in a Glodwing size or not but they are built for motorcylce ice racing.
And yes Bill, the first time I saw them racing on Georgetown lake I about lost it. (not a thing to do on I-70 @75mph) There were RVs and cars PARKED on the lake ice while they watched them race :shock:
I know they do this kind of stuff up in the North country but it was really strange to see it for the first time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts