GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the part number of the oil filter for the non-DCT? I didn't see it in the manual, and everywhere I look, oil filters are mentioned, but not the part number....

Hopefully, I'll stop asking dumb questions some day...just...not today :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Oil Filter is the same for all >2018 GL1800 15410-mfj-d01

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the speedy replies. I figured they were the same, but just couldn't find the damn number.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks for the speedy replies. I figured they were the same, but just couldn't find the damn number.
Don't worry about it, they don't even put the number on the filter itself? I changed mine yesterday and looked all over for it.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think all GL1800 oil filters for all years are the same.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think all GL1800 oil filters for all years are the same.
That's what I figured...but couldn't even find a cross reference.

Don't worry about it, they don't even put the number on the filter itself? I changed mine yesterday and looked all over for it.
Nice...Thanks, Honda... Now I just have to figure out how to replace the filter without getting oil all over it, since it's now vertical, rather than horizontal... Ugh...I'm getting too old for this... :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Now I just have to figure out how to replace the filter without getting oil all over it, since it's now vertical, rather than horizontal.
IMO it is EASIER to do a clean change with a vertical filter vs a horizontal one.

Reactions: Drgsin and spummerr

·
Registered
12 Posts
While on the subject of oil filters, did my first oil change at 3500 km, found filter to be hard to access for removal due to proximity of crankcase around its circumference interfering with getting a good bite with a filter wrench. Does not help that I like to be doubly sure that my filters are well seated as the last thing I need is oil loss from that area when riding, one can dedeuce why I like to be doubly sure that it is a little tighter than it should be. What are the posters using for a wrench, suggestions?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
yes...this makes it easy. one of the MC sites includes this with the purchase of the filter...also, remember to get the proper O-ring. not the one it actually calls for. it makes changing the DCT filter a whole lot less worrisome.

·
Registered
116 Posts
IMO it is EASIER to do a clean change with a vertical filter vs a horizontal one.
Hmm... My Civic Si is vertical, and EVERY dang time, as soon as you break the seal, oil runs down the filter...my arm...the wrench... and yes, I do drain the oil first, before changing the filter out, so there shouldn't be anything other than what is in the filter.

Maybe i'm just...challenged... :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Maybe i'm just...challenged... :)
If this is your first change on this bike, I think you will be pleasantly surprised. And, this filter doesn't hold that much oil.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What is the part number of the oil filter for the non-DCT? I didn't see it in the manual, and everywhere I look, oil filters are mentioned, but not the part number....

Hopefully, I'll stop asking dumb questions some day...just...not today :)
Batman, Batman, Batman...................... you've heard this, as we ALL have since Kindergarten, there is no such thing as dumb question. Only dumb answers.

Sincerely,

# 2 mechanic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts