GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wear bars on the elite 3, how do you tell what they are?? Are they the little flaps of rubber in the tire groove? How do you tell when it is time to replace tires??

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
They are little raised spots in the groove of the tread.

Usually you will find a triangle on the sidewall that points to where the indicator is located.

Sometimes easier to find the bar and then find the triangle. Once you know what it looks like it is easier to find.

·
Registered
91 Posts
tire gauge

Get a tire gauge, I think a new Dunlop is 6MM deep and should be replaced around 2MM. I might be wrong but I think the law is 1MM

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I think you will find 3 triangles about a quarter inch wide on the sidewall next to the tread, with a TWI in the triangle. That is the mark, and the indicators are in the tread groove.

You have worn out tires if you have 6 plys of cord showing...... :lol:

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
hennigm4 said:
Wear bars on the elite 3, how do you tell what they are?? Are they the little flaps of rubber in the tire groove? How do you tell when it is time to replace tires??

Thanks,
When to replace???? Based upon my experience with the E-3's, the earlier the better.

:roll: :roll:

DaleC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts