GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never pulled a trailer with a bike/trike before. We, the SO and I, have taken some fairly long trips and never seemed to need one. However, we have come to think that it might be something we could use. Given the cost involved in purchasing a "nice" trailer, we thought it would be nice to try one out before we shelled out the cash. We have a longish two week trip to Key West coming up the first of June. Does anyone know if there is any place in the Houston area (or anywhere else) that would rent a trailer?

Thanks!!!

-Dan

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
U-Haul rents a small trailer for compact car that might work if you
have a trike.... :shrug:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
You should be able to find a used on for around $500 to do what you are trying to do - then sell it for $500 when you are done........

·
Registered
145 Posts
The thing about renting a trailer is that you will have to have the bike wired up to accept it. Not sure about rental bike trailers, but most rental trailers for cars have a flat 4-wire connection. Might be a better idea (as stated above) to try and find a relatively inexpensive used trailer, use it, and sell it for what you paid for it once you're done. However, there's a very strong possibility that once you take a trailer along on a trip, you'll realize that you just can't do without one in the future. Even for weekend trips, the availability of extra storage room for extra clothes and cooler/warmer jackets will be an absolute pleasure for you. Plus, being able to buy those extra trinkets and have the room to bring them home with you will be a big plus for your "better half"! You might just as well bite the bullet now and get yourself a decent trailer...Just my opinion, but I'm sure many here would agree with me 100%.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dan, If you do buy a trailer, make sure that it has at least 19 cu. ft. strg. capacity. Anything much smaller than that is just an afterthought. I also think that once you've pulled and used a trailer for a couple of trips, you'll find that you can't do without it.
Ron Mcgowan

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I'm sure my copilot could find plenty of "things" to put in a trailer!!!

-Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts