GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, please indulge me on this one.I've been riding all my life,and boy is my butt sore :lol: I just recently bought an 05 Goldwing.Haven't got the service manual for it yet.Looking under thid bike,it looks like I can't use my jack, that I use on the VTX.Am I wrong? or is there a modification? or need new jack?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Don't know what jack you used on your X, but I have no trouble using the motorcycle/atv jack I bought from Tractor Supply. Most any of these type jacks should work on a wing if it will handle the weight. Just strap it down for safety sake and go to work. I hear Pit Bull makes an excellent one but it is somewhat more costly. :wink:

I

·
0 Posts
treeguy said:
Hey guys, please indulge me on this one.I've been riding all my life,and boy is my butt sore :lol: I just recently bought an 05 Goldwing.Haven't got the service manual for it yet.Looking under thid bike,it looks like I can't use my jack, that I use on the VTX.Am I wrong? or is there a modification? or need new jack?
And by the way treeguy, that was NOT a stupid question. :lol:

Welcome to the Wing world. Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hey, treeguy!
Welcome to the board! You are in a good place!
Ex-VTX rider myself! Really going to miss it! Wish I could keep it :cry:

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Arright

Thanks for all the good info.It just seems a little wierd, jacking right against the engine.If something breaks, I'm suing all of you. :D

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
HEY, STUPID! You did the Smartest thing, by asking for help on here. This board has some of the Best answers for your needs! They are for Free also. Congrats to you for having the BEST Sport-Touring Bike available. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Re: Arright

treeguy said:
Thanks for all the good info.It just seems a little wierd, jacking right against the engine.If something breaks, I'm suing all of you. :D
When the Wing engine is bolted in it becomes a part of the frame. Jacking the bike up with the jack on the engine is nothing... But, I really hate the sound of the engine coming down on a too high speed bump... :mad1: ... that gets my attention! It's only happened twice, and nothing's broken so far, but the engine has proven to be quite sturdy! 8)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts