GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any ideas of a place to stay the first part of the rally. We are looking for a place for 4 adults to stay. We are planning on getting there Sunday, August 8, and leaving on Wednesday the 12th. Looking for some place to stay indoors within about 2 hours.

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
We stayed at the Black Hills University campus in the dorm rooms in Spearfish last year. It's about 30 minutes or so away outside of Sturgis.

It's not the Ritz, but it's pretty affordable ($300 for 5 nights - two beds, I think), clean and relatively cozy. They had a hose set up in the parking lot so you could wash off the road grime and it was nice to run the clothes through the laundry, as well.

http://www.bhsu.edu/studentlife/residencelife/rallyhousing/

Have fun!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Generally speaking, you need to be thinking about lodging for the Rally a year or so in advance. People DO find last-minute deals, but .... I grew up there, and this is the first mention of the university facility I've heard. Pretty cool. Hope it works out!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Our motorcycle group has reservations at the KOA in Custer, S.D. :D We made the reservations in January with no problem. We are tent camping but could have reserved cabins at that time. :)

Custer is about 70 miles south of Sturgis but right next to Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse. Might see you there!! :lol:

Good Luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts