GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if those in charge have considered dividing classified ads into perhaps 3 groups - motorcycles for sale, parts off Honda's and then a separate aftermarket parts list. Sure would be easier finding what you are looking for.

·
motorcycle cowboy
935 Posts
Wondering if those in charge have considered dividing classified ads into perhaps 3 groups - motorcycles for sale, parts off Honda's and then a separate aftermarket parts list. Sure would be easier finding what you are looking for.
Good luck with that.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
not that I'm in charge, but this idea has been kicked around before.

Honda bikes, Harley bikes, 'others', parts, aftermarket parts....

Where do you draw the line? I'm of the adage: KISS

Good luck with that.
:shrug:

·
motorcycle cowboy
935 Posts
not that I'm in charge, but this idea has been kicked around before.

Honda bikes, Harley bikes, 'others', parts, aftermarket parts....

Where do you draw the line? I'm of the adage: KISS

:shrug:
Yes it's been brought up before and for good reason. Instead of just flat saying no it won't work, why not at least give it a try?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Take a look at venture.org. I like the setup they have, I think you like the way it's set up.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If looking for a motorcycle, why have to sort thru ads for clothing, trailers and parts. I know it isn't that hard to do this. Perhaps an additional folder for items that are sold. Lots of great deals on classifieds here - sorting thru them gets old quickly. Some of the best deals are older ads where price has been adjusted lower. Great site - classifieds need improvement.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It would also be good if you could edit the posting title and be able to put SOLD in the title so that you don't have to open ads for items that are already gone.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I take it you are talking about the venturerider dot org website.
I was wondering... the other didn't make sense. Lol

IMHO, I don't know that I would go as far as venturerider. I like perusing all the different stuff for sale. Maybe 3 or 4 categories, but having them broken down into that many would be a pain. Maybe Bikes & Trikes; Parts; Gear & Electronics or something like that.

·
Administrator
514 Posts
I was wondering... the other didn't make sense. Lol

IMHO, I don't know that I would go as far as venturerider. I like perusing all the different stuff for sale. Maybe 3 or 4 categories, but having them broken down into that many would be a pain. Maybe Bikes & Trikes; Parts; Gear & Electronics or something like that.
Thank You for your feedback. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Kiss :yes1:
wouldnt not having to go through tons of gear, parts, etc.. pages and straight to a bike for sale thread be more simple? its just 3 categories. bikes(all kinds), parts(all kinds), gear(all kinds). re categorizing all the existing ads would be a PITA though. its all nitpicking though. some sites you have to wade through pages of everything to get to 2018 posts, for example. I dont want to browse through pages of GL1500s, parts advice, etc...i like the overall layout here. good job fellas

·
Registered
353 Posts
No.
There is not that much stuff that gets posted here and there's also an hour time meter on there so if something is more than 24 hours I probably already looked at it.

·
Administrator
4,581 Posts
It would also be good if you could edit the posting title and be able to put SOLD in the title so that you don't have to open ads for items that are already gone.
Got a PM from admin. Apparently they've made an adjustment.
Need someone with an ad to see if they can edit their heading and let us know.....
We mods can do it but I'm not sure about the general membership.
Bueller?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Got a PM from admin. Apparently they've made an adjustment.
Need someone with an ad to see if they can edit their heading and let us know.....
We mods can do it but I'm not sure about the general membership.
Bueller?
I was able to modify mine. Someone had already marked it sold, but I was able to edit it and add an exclamation point.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Thanks to the Mods for at least listening and not shutting this discussion down without giving it some thought!! The change to allow sellers to mark a thread as "SOLD" when an item sells is great!! I think the idea of 3 major categories works best for all of this stuff. Just my .02 cents worth.

Reactions: CAWing
1 - 18 of 18 Posts