GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
Just wondering if any of you have gone through a similar search and would offer a suggestion. I'm having a hard time finding some boots. First they have to be available in wide sizes, 10 1/2 - 11 EE or EEEE. I think the metric size is 44 but I don't know how they designate wide. If they don't fit nothing else matters.
I'd like mid height or just 2-4" inches above the ankle. Fairly light weight and flexable for walking. Water proof or at least water resistant but must breath. Have I just eliminated every riding boot being made? :)
Thanks,
rick

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Magnum Stealth II's. Good grip, light weight, zipper side, and waterproof.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have a pair of boots made by Polo that I got at JCPenny. I know I know don't laugh. I have arthritis in my ankle and a really wide short foot. These have two zippers in front seem to be pretty sturdy,They are black and I just use campdry to make them water proof. Works for me.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Wide riding boots

I too have the same problem with boot fit; a size 8EEEE foot. I gave up on finding MC specific boots and found a quality pair of insulated Wellington's from B.A. Mason for around $100.

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
Might check out the Vega Nitro.

I have a wide foot, wear 8 1/2 wide, bought a 9 and they fit very nice.

Warm, waterproof, comfy to walk in, two side zippers...

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Cruiser work boots should be able to fit you to your size.

They are NOT cheap but I have had mine for 4 years and not resoled yet, but close. 100% waterproof and a real pleasure to wear and ride in.

Check them out here: www.cruiserworks.com

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
For what it's worth Dept. Sidi boots are some of the best. however, they don't have them in a wide.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Here's the Boot Pages from Brigade Quartermasters. Huge selection, good prices.
My favorite is either a Bates product (the old standby) or 511 Tactical Boots.

I like the 511's because of their unsurpassed comfort when walking and their amazing traction.
I wear a 14 wide and they always have something in stock for me.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
flaman2u said:
These boot get good reviews from the magazines. I also have a Fred Flintstone foot 10 EEEE and plan ot buy a pair when I get back from a TDY to California.

http://www.cruiserworks.com/
I just ordered some from AAFES online. Good price. If you're Active or Retired, check out the site for a good selection.

UPDATE: Boots arrived.. ain't no way I can get them on my feet. Gotta find a boot with a zipper! Returned boots to AAFES.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
don't kill me
...I opted for Harley boots.
:oops:

I have 9EEE

I wasn't going to, I hadn't had "pull on" boots in years and told the guy I didn't like them
... he said "just TRY them"
... I did and was wowed, VERY comfortable and easy on and off.

and, they look like motorcycle boots.
(you can take the "Harley" emblems off if you want.)

Dennis

more info here:
http://www.skipsboots.com/p-18-91345-ha ... boots.aspx

Dennis

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
"Biker Boots" appeal to ...ummmm, Bikers...
Arn Butt,
Is that supposed to be a picture of you or me?

If that is a "come on",sorry
... you're not my type
... I prefer women.
:roll:

It's Florida ... I tried just wearing my flip flops
... but that didn't cut it.
:)

Dennis

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
wingwing said:
Arn Butt Bill said:
"Biker Boots" appeal to ...ummmm, Bikers...
Arn Butt,
Is that supposed to be a picture of you or me?
Dennis
I don't have that much hair...

Just kidding, of course.
But black leather with studs and chains is the universal calling card of the, ummmm, alternative South Beach community, you know.
I've seen a few bikers on Goldwings. You know the guys, the Nazi stormtrooper helmet with a spike, Maltese Cross on the windshield, half-finger gloves, engineer boots, etc.
We are fortunate that we ride Disney Bikes, not Macho-Man Bikes. We don't have to play dress-up.

Wear what you want. No matter which way you go (flip flops, gay-biker, power ranger, billy-bob-the-hunter), somebody will be snickering at you.

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Just kidding, of course.
kinda figured that ...

actually my main purpose in getting those boots was to reach the ground.
... thought that was cheaper than lowering the bike.

they work.

Dennis

2,732 Posts
I endorse Cruiser Boots

I have about 4 differnt pair of boots that I purchased for motorcycling over the years, but never really liked any of them because they are so hard to put on. I have a high arch and getting boots on was really tough. But I found the Cruiser Boots with the side zipper that makes putting them on and taking them off a piece of cake and what a comfortable boot to wear, oh my gosh, I love them. I've used them in downpours, temps in the 100's plus and in below freezing weather and they are awesome. I especially like the looks as they look good with jeans or any other pant you might wear. I also like them because they are not so "clunky" like some bike boots and but still give you full toe and ankle protection. I am certain that they offer custom sized wide fits. You can see them on my foot in the picture below.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I am a 13eeee and went with the cruiser works boot, (you can google the company and find them), they are the best fitting, most comfortable, well made, water proof, boot that I have ever owned. I have had them for three years and 45 thousand miles , and they still look brand new.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would like to thank everyone for all the good suggestions. It seems Cruiserboots are well thought of here. Also I never thought of the Harley store for boots. BTW, my wife just asked me what I was "looking" for. When I told her MC boots she replied Zappos.com. I've never heard of them but that's where she buys almost all of her shoes.
Rick

1 - 20 of 29 Posts