GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my wife and I recently moved up to a 2002 GW and would like to do a two to three day trip in the Southern / Central part of WI. Wondering if anyone here has input for our planning. ie roads, hotels, restraunts, sites.
I understand that this is a very subjective thing but thought there might be some "don't miss this" things to consider.
Can't wait for our 1st tour! Thankx for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
31,974 Posts
Hi, my wife and I recently moved up to a 2002 GW and would like to do a two to three day trip in the Southern / Central part of WI. Wondering if anyone here has input for our planning. ie roads, hotels, restraunts, sites.
I understand that this is a very subjective thing but thought there might be some "don't miss this" things to consider.
Can't wait for our 1st tour! Thankx for any suggestions.
Oh yea I can help ya ,PM sent

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Go to SW WI. The rest is pretty much blah. Use goggle maps in the topo view. Where you see elevation is where the good riding is. Any road that includes the letters A.....Z and any combination thereof is a good bet.

·
Registered
483 Posts
The whole state has a lot to offer. Take Barron County for an example. It has over 100 lakes and many hill top views to enjoy. Most of the township roads are paved and the areas around the lakes have lots of curvy roads. Barron County even has an area called the Blue Hills which is actually the tip of an ancient mountain range that was left intact by the glaciers. A must eat at supper club is the Blue Hills Inn. Google it. A really great place to eat and not that expensive. Rice Lake has quite a few newer motels for over night accommodations.
Last week my wife and I toured the Bayfield area and really enjoyed ourselves. The end of August we will be spending a week in Door County, which is another great area to visit.
Good luck with your trip. I guarantee you won't be disappointed if you get out on those county and township roads. Just watch out for the deer and black bear, which won't be a problem if you ride within your limits.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome to the board Wing'nit! I see you are in Sterling...I'm just east of you in LaSalle county.

A good ride to get there is north on 40 to US52 West into Savannah. Pick up 84 north to Hanover then take Blackjack Road into Galena. You can get back on 84 north to Wisconsin or take US20 west to the river, then go north. The Wisconsinites can take it from there...enjoy! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts