GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people...

I have the connections installed under the right side shelter but not sure where to put the control unit or the remote button. Any suggestions with pictures especially would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
Speedo Healer on a 2015? Wasn't the speedo corrected in 2009 or around that time?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I have about a 10% discrepancy....
My 2015 is dead on. I had a Speedo Healer on my '01 and I put the control unit in the right faring pocket. The '15 doesn't have that pocket so I don't know where I would put it. Maybe in the center glove box?

·
Vendor
16,371 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Are you running the correct size tire on the rear ???
The OP is from Canada.
It seems all metric instrumented Honda motorcycles, including the Goldwing up to and including the 5th gen, have an optimistic speedo, by about 7%-10%.
However, the odo on all those metric bikes is close to perfect; go figure.
Why Honda did this, who knows.

I've got a Speedo Healer on mine.
I adjusted it to bring down my speedo by 8%, which is now accurate according to my GPS.
But now, my odo is pessimistic by that same 8%.
But that's OK by me, as my bike will show 8% less use than it really has accumulated when I decide to sell it.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I have the connections installed under the right side shelter but not sure where to put the control unit or the remote button. Any suggestions with pictures especially would be much appreciated.
I put my control unit under the cover shown in my picture.
The circled button is my remote button.
The other button switch to the left controls my rondel LED lights on both sides of the fairing where the round Honda logos used to be.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put my control unit under the cover shown in my picture.
The circled button is my remote button.
The other button switch to the left controls my rondel LED lights on both sides of the fairing where the round Honda logos used to be.

View attachment 369436
Thanks @bigbird1 I appreciate the pictures. But what about the led display and the main 'box' do I need not need access to that?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Thanks @bigbird1 I appreciate the pictures. But what about the led display and the main 'box' do I need not need access to that?
No, you don't need access to the box or programming button once you've initially set it up.
My box is under the cover that the button is mounted through.
I just used hook and loop (Velcro) cable wrap to attach it to the harnesses that are under that cover.
I suggest you start with an 8% lower adjustment, check it with a GPS, and go from there.

·
Vendor
16,371 Posts
The OP is from Canada.
It seems all metric instrumented Honda motorcycles, including the Goldwing up to and including the 5th gen, have an optimistic speedo, by about 7%-10%.
However, the odo on all those metric bikes is close to perfect; go figure.
Why Honda did this, who knows.
I did not know that ... thanks for an update.

However, I do know why they did it ... they wanted you Canadians to get more speeding tickets :)

·
Vendor
16,371 Posts
Our speedos read fast, so in reality if we are driving to our speedometers, we are driving slower than the limit.
Oh that's right, us Americans are trying to slow you guys down, so we can get there first :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again guys... healer fitted, not yet calibrated.... ran the cables to the left hand cubby for the control unit and the remote... will attach to the roof of the cubby with excess cable pushed back into the shelter space...

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
what wire do you hook the speedohealer up to.
The VS sensor, located inside the lower right shelter just to the rear of the right radiator. At the top of the pic, under "connectors", it's the first one mentioned. In that bundle of connectors it will be a 3 wire, white coloured connector. You just pull back that large plastic cover from over the bundle of connectors inside.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts