GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased a JVC Addiction Action Cam and am very pleased with it. I purchased it from Target for $125 and it performs very well. It's compact and waterproof,the video quality is superb and it's easy to use. I'm looking for some editing software to use with this camera, wondering what others use? I don't need anything too advanced as I really only need to join files add some audio and some transition effects. So if you have used software that works well and is fairly quick I'd like to try it . :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I too purchased a JVC Adixxion Action Cam and am happy with it. I use windows Live Movie Maker, it was free software that was preinstalled on my windows 7 computer when I bought it a couple of years ago. Here's a non motorcycle video I made for my business website as an example of what it does. Its located about halfway down the web page here http://www.manaboutracks.com/Pages/default.aspx .By the way, I used the JVC action cam to make the video. As far as a good quality mount that I use to mount it on the dash of my GL1800, I've found this Pedco model # PD05020 camera mount to be one of the best out there. Its a metal clamp with rubber pads that wont flex like the plastic mounts and it mounts rock solid. Much better than the plastic mounts out there and much better than the ones that come with the camera. It swivels and locks in all directions too. I'll be riding the Sunshine Skyway bridge tomorrow and I'll have the JVC mounted and will be shooting some video of the ride.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too purchased a JVC Adixxion Action Cam and am happy with it. I use windows Live Movie Maker . As far as a good quality mount that I use to mount it on the dash of my GL1800, I've found this Pedco model # PD05020 camera mount to be one of the best out there.I'll be riding the Sunshine Skyway bridge tomorrow and I'll have the JVC mounted and will be shooting some video of the ride.
Rick
Thanks for your input.Your video looks great! Please post the video you shoot of your ride.
I tried the movie maker software and it was all good but.... it took a long time to render the finished clip that was only 4 1/2 minutes long (render time was about 15-20 minutes) I plan on shooting video from my vacations and putting them together as a movie. I can't imagine how long it would take to render a full vacation movie. How long did it take you to do your company video?
The mount you suggest is the one I'm looking to buy...they are reasonably priced and your input on quality makes it a no-brainer, thanks

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Wing Raider, I really wanted to see your video, but the content is locked--not available for viewing on a mobile device. Since about HALF the people who visit a website find it on a mobile device, that means about half your friend's visitors can't watch your cool video! If you put it on YouTube, you should be able to change that setting.

Once you do that, please post the video here (or in the Off Topic Experiment). Cruise needs a new gun rack. ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Wing Raider, I use a program called Video Pad Video Editor.
MUCH easier to use than the Windoze Live editor.
There is a free version that is very good, and a pay version
that is even better!
Best part is, there are a ton of HOW TO videos on Youtube
showing how to use the various features of the program.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry Wing Raider, I haven't been on much lately and forgot all about this thread. This is the video I shot using my JVC Adixxion video camera. I had it mounted to the dash on my GL1800 so at interstate speeds, on the bridge and the causeway, the video gets a little shaky, the roads are a little rough. It seems to be much more stable mounted on the crash bar, but its not reachable for me there. Here's the link for all my northern friends that's snowed in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3bxFHfpUsk

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys thanks for the video editing suggestions I have D/L'd the programs and will give them a try....thanks!

Zebraranger...
Thanks for your video....It sure looks warmer there than here. The video looks great! I think the camera and mount set will work fine for me. I think I will also use a Ram mount set up to give me a choice of mounts. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts