GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the thread already asking for advice heading to Michigan from Florida and figured I'd add in my vacation plans for some advice. This will be our (wife and I) annual trip to Wing Ding, but is really being used as an excuse to get close to the city my brother lived in for the past 10+ years until he just recently lost his battle to cancer.

http://goo.gl/maps/oUHMZ
The route should be viewable at the link above. Here are my concerns. Niagara Falls to Charlotte, MI- how much time should we expect to waste away at the US/Can border on both ends?
Dayton Ohio isn't set yet, its just a placemarker for the moment but I figure it would be a good stopping point to get some rest before getting home.
One last thing, tolls! Damn tolls! Is there a website I can use to estimate the amount of money I'll need to budget for tolls? I've heard rumors upwards of $85 in tolls between here and Wisconsin but can't verify them easily as far as I can tell.

Edit- I think I figured out the tolls. A little help from google, but it looks like this route should cost me around $25 in tolls. I'm figuring 3 axles since I'll be borrowing a friends trailer for the trip.

Any advice is appreciated.

·
IronMan
17,541 Posts
Think even mapquest will get you around most tolls !

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I modified your route passing thru WV, if you're interested.
Interested! Heck yeah, that looks all kinds of fun. I'll just have to make sure the misses will be okay with the added seat time on the last day of the trip.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think even mapquest will get you around most tolls !
Thanks for the tip on mapquest, I actually forgot about that site since I stopped using it years ago.

·
DSI Keeper
9,165 Posts
Interested! Heck yeah, that looks all kinds of fun. I'll just have to make sure the misses will be okay with the added seat time on the last day of the trip.
I know it won't translate well to the real world but google maps said it only added an hour to the original route. Enjoy your trip. :yes1:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Google maps has actually been fairly accurate in the past when I've used it. Sure weather conditions can mess it up, but it doesn't matter what software you use for that. Last year fog on the BRP slowed us to a crawl for at least 3 hours one day. Visibility was so bad I could barely see my friends tail lights and he was riding about 30-50 feet in front of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts