GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've finally started planning for our second Summer trip back to the home state. Although it won't be until August, we figured planning early should eliminate potential problems when the time comes. We plan on starting with a long day traveling from Rigby, Idaho to Orofino, Idaho. The Konkolville Motel is our home for the night when there. Next leg takes us to Yakima, Washington to visit family and friends for a day. We'll continue on to Olympia and Port Orchard for more family and friend meet ups. The next day we plan on taking the loop around the Olympic Peninsula, spending the night at Forks, right outside the Park. Day six is set aside for touring the National Park and some much needed seafood. Then we head South to West Port and Long Beach area where we are considering a day of Whale watching or just relaxing. From there we'll ride to Packwood. I'm hoping to time our travels so we land in Packwood over the Labor Day holiday weekend and can participate in their holiday weekend flea market. The whole town becomes one big swap meet from end to end. Heading East again we'll go back to Yakima for more family time, BBQ, and to get some laundry done. The trip home will take us through Spokane, CDL, and Missoula, where we plan on spending the night. From Missoula it's a short day trip back into Rigby. For now the plan is to take about 2 weeks, plus or minus. All of this may change, so we'll adjust as needed and go from there. If anyone lives along our route, let me know and I'll try and stop and say hi. I'm always up for coffee or a beer. See you on the road and ride safe.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Looks like you've got a plan. Lot's of excellent riding up there, as you well know. :wink2:

We'll be up a little north of CDL last week of August/first week of Sept. We trailer the wing up there (HORRORS!...:surprise:) and ride around the area plus up into Canada. Meet up may be possible!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts