GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put one or the other on the ground, and run it year round.....which one will get the more miles?

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
put one or the other on the ground, and run it year round.....which one will get the more miles?
That is pretty much an unanswerable question. Especially when we see mileage anywhere from 5,000 to 40,000 miles out of our tires. The winter tires often come with an extra 1/32" of tread depth so that might be the answer for some. But for some reason I seem to chew up winter tires quickly...but sure would like to try the Mich. Primacy Alpin.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
For me it looks like I will get pretty close to the same mileage! Run what you got!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,972 Posts
Each and every tire is different. Sorry for not clear answer for ya. Tire pressure, riding style, where you ride are also huge factors in wear. As Richard stated 1/32 extra tread depth may help some with wear on winter tire. I am running a Dunnie winter sport down to Tx. In a month (mostly slab) I am going to watch wear very closely to help answer my questions.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
That is pretty much an unanswerable question. Especially when we see mileage anywhere from 5,000 to 40,000 miles out of our tires. The winter tires often come with an extra 1/32" of tread depth so that might be the answer for some.
I agree.

You may also find a very slight difference in the handling, very slight. :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts