GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a site where you can order the Sun Visor for a Garmin Street Pilot III? You really need one here in S. Calif.

·
Registered
412 Posts
very cheap model

I went out and bought a black vinyl/plastic 3 ring binder, cut 2.5" off one edge and use it with velcro -- perfect size with no extra trimming, not fancy or the best but it works great.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tnx Royal

That is just the ticket, thanks.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Bob - what Royal said. You should be able to make your own for less than a couple of dollars. I found my needs were somewhat different than the stock units allowed...I cut the visor closer on the "button side" for additional clearance and extended the section over the screen for increased coverage. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good

I should have enough from one note book to make a couple attempts, if the 1st one isn't to my liking. CHEAP TOO! Already have some velcro, so all set.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Bob - not to say the commercial ones aren't good ones too, but I was not quite happy with the shape of the ones available about 1 1/2 years ago so I made my own for less than $2.00 of materials and 10 minutes of effort. Works great! (Excuse the dust)

DaleC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts