GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, mark in mesa here. if anyone in the phoenix area is interested, several of us are riding up to payson sunday morning if you would like to join us. we're meeting at mcdowell and hwy 87 at the stop & rob. it's the first intersection north of the 202 on hwy 87 (country club dr) in mesa. leaving at approx. 7:30 am, weather is supposed to be just about perfect for a ride! no need to rsvp, we're a VERY informal bunch. no "road captains" or "group leaders". significant others are very welcome as well. jack will be there on his harley but we'll try to get past 50mph anyway! :)
hope some of you can make it. about a dozen riders from this list met for a ride to prescott a couple of weeks ago and we had a great ride and we all met some really good guys. ride safe!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sunday morning, huh? Hmmm...... sounds like much more fun than mowing the lawn. I just might see you there.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Are you just riding up to Payson, or are you going to do the loop from Payson to Showlow, down the Salt River Canyon to Globe, then back over to the Beeline via Roosevelt Lake?

The only reason I ask is because usually when I go on a ride with gold wing riders, they only want to ride for a few miles then go home. If I'm going to "ride", I like to make it an all day affair. :biker:

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
azblackbird said:
Are you just riding up to Payson, or are you going to do the loop from Payson to Showlow, down the Salt River Canyon to Globe, then back over to the Beeline via Roosevelt Lake?

The only reason I ask is because usually when I go on a ride with gold wing riders, they only want to ride for a few miles then go home. If I'm going to "ride", I like to make it an all day affair. :biker:

I was on the Presott ride mentioned by mark.

I put 523 (per GPS) miles on my 1800 that saturday.

On the following monday I put 740 miles on the 1800, tuesday it was 1062 miles.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Mark, are you heading thru Fountain Hills, then up to Payson? or another route.....let all of us know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sunday phoenix ride

we're going up hwy 87 from mcdowell, straight thru to payson. we can pick up riders along the way at shea blvd if you like, at the local stop & rob there at shea and 87 on the south side of shea. those of you who want to go further than payson are certainly welcome to do so.

·
Registered
224 Posts
wing-renter said:
[quote="Rob R":39bzq8x6]sounds like much more fun than mowing the lawn
What's a 'lawn'?[/quote:39bzq8x6]

Oh yeah, I forgot they don't have grass in Tucson. No water! Actually, it's better that way as yard maintenence is so much easier. I swear my next house will be all desert landscaping .... and no more swimming pool!

We did the Coronado Trail ride last weekend, spent a night in Taylor and returned through the Salt River Canyon, Globe etc.. I love that ride but there was alot of traffic going through the Canyon due to the Labor Day weekend. Still, it was much lighter trafiic than coming back through Payson.

Tony, I can see why you bought land in Taylor to retire to. It's beautiful up there. I may have to go back and look around there myself!

·
Registered
243 Posts
I would've gone with yea but just got back from a ride/camp up at Williams over the weekend. Took my home built trailer packed with all the camping gear. Towed great. Hope you all had a great ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts