GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bringing my 13 year old son down to Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet on Saturday. We can't leave WI until his football game is done, but hope to be in the area by 3 or 4.

Is there anyone in the area having a ride? Social? Want to ride in the area? Good places in the areas to eat? Anything else?

Thanks,
Tim
;):excited:

·
Registered
452 Posts
What route are you taking? I'm sure we can recommend something on your way.

No go for me riding on Saturday late afternoon...sorry :cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any place to eat

For now, I'm heading straight down on the BIG roads. Once I get close, I will try to find back roads or some out-of the way place to eat.

Nate is a football player, so he is always hungry!!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Tim

·
Registered
452 Posts
Tim, if you come down I-39 to I-80 east, you can exit south on 178 (first exit after getting on I-80 east) through Utica and grab an early dinner at Starved Rock Lodge. Also, in Utica, there are a couple of bar/restaurants in Utica (Skoog's or Duffy's) that have good food too. After you are done eating, continue south (on 178 or from the lodge) to 71 east for some nice twisty riding. Take it all the way east to 23, head north through Ottawa and you'll be back at I-80. Or you can stay on 71 east and it will intersect with I-80 as well. Or, you can take US 6 all the way into Joliet if you want.

Not too many curvy roads around here, so the pickin' is slim...here is an overview map of the area:

http://g.co/maps/pmfhg

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...

I got home late Monday night after a rain-soaked day and cancelled race. When it ran on Monday it was great, except for the finish. Our racer was penalized for something he didn't ask for, but that is another story.

We actually didn't get a chance to ride much, but I will keep your info for the next time I am down in that area.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts