GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
yeah ... what do you use for the ice on the road? I don't worry overly much about heated clothing .... but I am not yet convinced that ABS is the answer to black ice ... :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
OrangeCrush said:
yeah ... what do you use for the ice on the road? I don't worry overly much about heated clothing .... but I am not yet convinced that ABS is the answer to black ice ... :D
I generally only ride during the daylight hours in the colder months... and try to only do it when it is sunny.

The roads in New England are generally a very light gray during the winter months... usually from all the salt... so it's easy to see black ice.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Ice? On the road? How does that happen?
I believe the scientific formula is something like
(temp <32F) + H20 + asphalt (or concrete) = slippery
or something close to that.

We had 18 wheelers lying on their side in the ditches yesterday, so it would have been 9 times slipperier for me (18/9 = 2 wheels)
:roll:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Come on Dan we can run but we can't hide, at 26 this morning all we needed was the H2O and it wouldn't have been a good day here. Not looking real good the rest of the week. I was going up to see John at Bustech Friday to pick up my new trailer but they are saying SNOW and WIND for Friday in Knoxville. Think I will wait another week and see if it goes back into 70's.

Panther Ga.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No granpa still have the HD but also have a Valk. Just didn't list the Road King in the sig.

Panther Ga.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts