GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
I ordered the Platinum Series and should be on my door step tonight when I get home. I'll let you know what I think after installing this weekend.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In my opinion, Platinum series from EC, well worth the $$$. Use the amber covers on mine. These lights will make you be noticed. Installation is relatively painless. The most difficult thing for me was finding the Honda plug in the wire bundle on the left side. Money well spent.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Installed them on my 05' and friends want me in the lead at night due to the way they along with the High Beams light up the road.

Best Money spent on the bike so far!

You'll love em!

·
Premium Member
12,496 Posts
good deal
good service

very bright

one of my better purchases for the wing

Dennis

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I put the Super Whites on my 05 and "let there be light" and it was goooood!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great products and terrific service. Lewis is one of, if not the best vendor I have dealt with.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
These lites lite up the road all the others that i have had did not.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jbales said:
I put the Super Whites on my 05 and "let there be light" and it was goooood!
Thanks Jbales..........Did you install them yourself? I have the same ones that you have........Did you stay with the switch that came with the kit? Also I read the instructions......can they be used with either high or low beams?

·
Legend in His Own Mind
4,671 Posts
Work well, factory style lighted switch, can run em with your headlights on high or low beam or both. They have much more visibility than most other brands. The Platinum series is the best I've seen. I'm very pleased with mine and get positive comments about them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got the EC Plasma Ion lights

I was looking for some Yellow / Amber lights for up front on my GL1800, and I purchased the EC Plasma Ion Fog Lights. I am really pleased with these lights and the service from Louis and his folks. The installation instructions were very detailed, yet simple, and the wiring harness adapter made these lights "plug 'n Play".

They've been on my bike for 8 months now, and I should explain that these lights are wired to the accessory circuit and are "on" full-time. Oh yeah, and I commute 120 miles per day, 5 days per week, 50 weeks per year (minus a few snow 'n ice days). I can say, without reservation, these lights are durable!

Thanks to Lewis and Electrical Connection for their continued participation in, and support of the motorcycle after-market accessories industry!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lights

I really like this product! EC makes very good accessories. I wired mine to be on all the time, even with the brights. I have the platium series and it really lights up the road.

Only recomendation that I would have is to use the cotter pins on all four springs, I found that this worked best for me. So I went to the store and bought some additional cotter pins which made the installation all that much easier.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
bigfatjohn said:
Excellent lights.

I just wish they were adjustable without taking the bike to bits.
We can blame Honda for this...there is no good way without making the kit overly complicated to do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't it just figure . . .!!!

I just bragged on the EC Plasma Ion Lights earlier today, and how they have given me 8+ months of daily / full-time service.

So what do you suppose happened when I went out to start my bike for a quick trip to the store for Momma???

You guessed it . . . one of them burned out!!

Is this just coincidence . . . or is it some how cosmic??

Oh well . . . Lewis, I'll be ordring a pair of replacement bulbs shortly. By the way, is the amber tint of the Plasma Ion bulbs a function of the gas in the bulb, some chemical property of the glass envelope, or something else?

If I chose to order the "Ultra Brite White bulbs, would they work OK with the reflectors in my lights?

Just curious.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Think I would buy the Show Chrome brand lights if I did it over again. The EC lights seem OK but I was not impressed with the way they mounted. The spring mounts seemed a little squirly to me and are very hard to adjust. I guess someone out there with the Show Chrome brand needs to let you know what they think abut theirs.

They are about the same price...I would look at both before you buy!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
The Ec's are excellent if you want sort of a scattered bright lights that cover a wide area they are very nice , or You want a pinpoint sort of light to aim more directly get the PIAA's , but they are much more expensive

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
You do not adjust the EC lights with the springs. Lets pass on the truth when we are knocking another product. You adjust the lights by the 2 bolts that are attached to the light housing. I run the Platinum series with amber lens. People can see me for miles. I did not install these lights for me to see better. I want to be seen better. However they do help some with the fog and really down low on the road.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
EC lights

Toyo said:
You do not adjust the EC lights with the springs. Lets pass on the truth when we are knocking another product. You adjust the lights by the 2 bolts that are attached to the light housing. I run the Platinum series with amber lens. People can see me for miles. I did not install these lights for me to see better. I want to be seen better. However they do help some with the fog and really down low on the road.

Did you go straight to the yellow lens cover or did you use the clear ones first?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Toyo said:
You do not adjust the EC lights with the springs. Lets pass on the truth when we are knocking another product.
Let's not be quite so judgemental either.

Lasher said that the EC springs are a bit 'squirly". And they are.
He also said that the lights are difficult to adjust. And they are.

As for actually being adjusted by the springs - well, that could be taken either way, depending on how you read it, but I knew what he meant.

And I'm not knocking EC products, I'm just passing on my observations. Nothing's perfect in this world and I will buy another set of EC Platinums when I change my bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts