GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello just stopped buy walmart & checked the supertech filters "again" !! They were made in mexico for a while...They are back to being made in USA again(at least for awhile/maybee) I bought all they had in millwaukee on 27th st....chuck

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Yeah,
I noticed that the other day, when my car needed oil filters.

What gives??

later..Randy

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
INTHEWIND said:
Yeah,
I noticed that the other day, when my car needed oil filters.

What gives??

later..Randy
HECK I dont know who cares as long as they make them HERE...chuck

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Bill, I can get you a filter that is made by Purolater for $ 1.88 at my supply house. I have been using these filters for many years and have never had one fail. Thye have a thicker canister, good gasket, and all. I have been using this filter in my van since new and the oil reports always come back with perfect filtration.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
They aren't as good if they're made in Mexico???

I buy American if I percieve the quality and value are superior. If not, I don't. I believe businesses should succeed or fail based on their merits or demerits.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
With the top-notch economy, judicial, health care and political systems they have there, I can't imagine why anybody would think ther manufactured products woudl be inferior. Yeah right!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wanderer said:
They aren't as good if they're made in Mexico???

I buy American if I percieve the quality and value are superior. If not, I don't. I believe businesses should succeed or fail based on their merits or demerits.
I buy american if they are close & I will spend more money to buy here!! To many countrys undercut american companys then when they go broke/quit making it you pay lots more for lots less!!...chuck

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Toyo said:
Bill, I can get you a filter that is made by Purolater for $ 1.88 at my supply house. I have been using these filters for many years and have never had one fail. Thye have a thicker canister, good gasket, and all. I have been using this filter in my van since new and the oil reports always come back with perfect filtration.
For the Mini? I've got a Fram for the Mazda (just a canister). I don't need any for the Mini yet; BMW does all service for the first 4.5 years.

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I use Super Tech filters on my.. trucks... car... motorcycles... lawn tractor
they are priced right... American made...

cosmic

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Here is a list you guys can go by. They change manufactures alot. Take Toyota for example. Denso, Nippondenso, is the major manufacture for Toyota filters. However they will sub out to Champion labs now and then. Same for Honda, Toyo Roki is the main company, but sometimes they get built by others.

Fram

Fram Extra Guard (std)
Fram Tough Guard (different media?)
Fram X2 (Silicone ADBV, Fuzzy media)
Fram Extended Guard(same as the X2)
Mileguard (Jiffy)
Honda (although some are alleged to be made by Filtech)
Chrysler line up except for the Cummins
Penzoil
Deffense
Canadian Tire

Champion Labs

Bosch
Car and Driver
Deutsch
Mobil 1
STP
SuperTech
K&N
Valvoline filters
Mighty
Service Champ
Lee
AutoZone Value Craft
Some AC Delco
VW (some)
Warner
Luberfiner
Trust

Wix

Carquest blue
Carquest red
Napa Gold
Napa Silver (lower quality with nitrile ADBV)
Kralinator (in Canada)
ALLIANCE (Freightliner aftermarket)

Purolator (Arvin Meritor)

Purolator premium plus (nitrile adbv)
Purolator Pure One (silicone adbv, different media)
Havoline
Maxlife Valvoline (some)
Group7
Promotive
Powerflow
Quaker State (less media)
Advanced Auto Total Grip. (less media)
Pep Boys Pro Line
MotorCraft
Superflo

Denso

Toyota