GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a CSC trike with independent rear suspension. Need to remove the rear wheels for a day or so. Jacking it up is easy. A little hard to keep it balanced but doable. What I wanted to know is where to place the jackstands if it is going to be up for awhile?? Kinda hard to find a place the way the suspension is built. Where do you place the stands??? Thanks

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
The CSC does have a complex suspension. I would think that the manufacturer would be most qualified to answer this question.

I have a CSC trike with independent rear suspension. Need to remove the rear wheels for a day or so. Jacking it up is easy. A little hard to keep it balanced but doable. What I wanted to know is where to place the jackstands if it is going to be up for awhile?? Kinda hard to find a place the way the suspension is built. Where do you place the stands??? Thanks

·
Registered
734 Posts
The CSC does have a complex suspension. I would think that the manufacturer would be most qualified to answer this question.
Most qualified for sure but I bet there are several members that have had their CSC conversions on blocks or jack stands. Hopefully some will chime in here. :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jack stands

I use jack stands and place them under the large nut at the end of the suspention,closest to the wheel.Also,if you use a motorcycle jack on the rear to raise trike,lay a 6 inch wide board across the jack and it will make the trike more stable while you are raising it..

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
supporting trike

I finally decided to support it with the stands under the threaded portion of the lower control arms where they attach to the spindle. A piece of rag to protect the threads. I kept the jack under the rear end just in case. It worked just fine. Sorry no pics. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts