GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a PGR ride yesterday with a great group of guys and gals to honor an outstanding young man. Problem was, I darn near went deaf because of the noise in front and beside me. The ride to the Cathedral was about 25 minutes, then a long, slow 1 hour ride to Jefferson Barracks with 'pipe music' in virtual surround sound. When I got home I told Gwyn not to mention potatoes for a few days.

You think I'd learn to take ear plugs on these rides.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I feel your pain...I ride with 5 other guys every year at Myrtle Beach that run straight pipes on their HD's...sometimes it's just plain painful!! :roll:

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
Here's and equalizer for you. The '06 stereo pulls it off great. Snag some patriotic cuts off of LimeWire, I especially like Burl Ives, the US Air Force Band, US Marine Band, Lee Greewood, Toby Keith, etc.

Stick a Radio Shack battery powered inline amp to augment your mp3 player output and crank the bike unit to about 25 -> 27.

Crowd's on the route will love it and it's a damn sight better to listen to than those exhaust systems.......or lack of an exhaust system, as it may be.

Don't get me wrong here, I had a '99 FXDWG and loved it with the baffles out of the Screaming Eagle's occasionally. I just never got a woody sitting in a crowd of bikes reving at the same time.

Bradford

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thats never fun -I was lucky enough to do a PGR run in Knox,PA. It was only a couple miles so It was'nt to bad. My group that I rode with was Five GW's and Two HD's. The HD's stayed in the rear on way up to clarion, They got up FRONT ON THE WAY BACK AND WELL (DAM IT.)
I cut off and took the long way to our post in monroeville.

Yes it does hurt when were at Blessing of the bikes in murrysville,PA. and all those HD's fire up......WOW, Cough,cough ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've reached a point in my life where I do not put up with stuff that annoys me, and what you describe would certainly qualify. I know that you want to honor our fallen troups by your participation, but your Harley friends need to think about was is appropriate too. I can't imagine that a family of a vet would think ear pounding noise is what they want to hear while laying their son or daughter to rest. I have heard that it is done to drown out the offending taunts and jeers from some sick minded religious fanatics, so maybe I am out to lunch, but that is the way I feel about it. Hope you come to terms with your problem. Give the vets a salute for me the next time you participate in the PGR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts