GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a round tuit and added a bit of fluid to my rear suspension adjuster. I was mighty pleased with myself as I got 'er did in a good bit less than one hour and had not even poped the top on my Bud, not spilled any significant amount of fluid. I turned the key to ON and let the display settle. I hit the up button and the familiar "whirrrr" started -- then abruptly stopped. The display flasshed "Suspension Adjustmtent Error". I pray my guardian Angel had her ears covered :oops: .

Soooooooooooooo. I tore it back down. Rear center section off, saddle off, right saddlebag loosened and moved back, and then the pump assembly. Took the pump motor section off and found my folly, I had initially loosened the three bolts too much and piston was almost out of its machined cylinder and got cocked a bit when the motor pressed it. No harm, no leak, the upper section was still dry. I loosened the banjo fitting a bit and pushed the piston back in just a tad by finger pressure and bled out just a tiny bit of fluid so that the piston bottom was aligned with the bottom of the sender's channel in the uppper section. Put 'er all back t'gether, but left the saddle off and saddle bag and center rear sections loose this time. Dang and DOUBLE DANG!! Still got that danged error.

Sooooooooooooo: I came here to beg fer hep. Did a search first and found Fred's reply to another poor pilgrim in need; Fred H.:"RE your suspension adjustment error, try cycling power on the bike about 10 times or more and then hold down on the UP button for about 10 seconds. This seems to reset the Suspenion Adj Error message. Happened once to me too, and after several power cycles and holding down the UP button for awhile, it reset itself." I went back and tried that. Several times -- no help. Then I tried it again, this time taking time and patience to let the display complete its set-up and error message each time before shutting it back off, letting the display fade totally away and then back on. 10 times. On the 11th time I held down on the UP button for 10 seconds - 20 seconds, a whole minute - nothing! Then, out of frustration I hit memory 1 and bingo, the error clicked off! I then hit the up button and Eurika! The motor labored at 0 and pumped up to 25 like a champ! I reset my memories and cylced it several times. Flawless function and range from 0 to 25 with effective spring compression of my heavy duty Progressive spring. Thanks Fred! Big Time! I wonder what we are really doing to clear the error?

I just got done buttoning her up nice and tight and drinking that cool Bud.

prs

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arn Butt Bill said:
Now figure out what we're doing wrong with the remote start feature, Vern. :wink:
Mine works fine; has never failed. :wink:

PigeonRoost

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
Now figure out what we're doing wrong with the remote start feature, Vern. :wink:
Is that where you can start the bike by leaving it on the side stand, and touching the starter button while standing beside the bike, or even beside another bike ??

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
steve s said:
[quote="Arn Butt Bill":kyddjz3r]Now figure out what we're doing wrong with the remote start feature, Vern. :wink:
Is that where you can start the bike by leaving it on the side stand, and touching the starter button while standing beside the bike, or even beside another bike ??[/quote:kyddjz3r]You use the key fob.

·
Registered
16,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WingAirSpeed said:
You use the key fob.
What are you talking about? lol
I bet Arn Butt has trouble getting his remote start feature to work consistnetly. His bike may be his main transprotation and he probably would like to start the bike from inside his kitchen while having that last cup o' Joe. I think some times he mashes on that button on his Honda key chain fob and the bike does not start by remote control. He may be leaving the side stand down. The reomote feature will not work with the side stand down or if bike is not in neutral or if Reverse is engaged. Probably some bad parking habbits on his behalf; Honda features typically work flawlessly :wink: I think there may have been a big discussion about this very early last April.

prs.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Don't forget to open the garage door a little before you use the remote start; the carbon monoxide can kill you.
Fred's got the detailed instructions for the feature; it's not in the manual on the newer bikes but works exactly the same.

Fred H said:
Here are the original instructions.

With the key in the LOCKED position and the trunk open, press the CALL button on the remote. When the horn sounds press UNLOCK.. Immediately press CALL again. When the horn sounds hit UNLOCK. Hit CALL one more time and as soon as the horn sounds, latch (close) the trunk and within 3 seconds turn the key to the ON position.
When correctly completed, the CALL button becomes the REMOTE START button. Resetting the ECU or disconnecting the battery resets the CALL button to its previous function and the process will need to be repeated to make it work again.
The bike must be on the center stand in neutral and the fork must be locked for this feature to work. Once the bike is running, you must insert your key and turn the ignition switch to ON before you take the bike off the center stand or it will immediately kill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts