GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use Southwest Suspension for a fork and/or shock upgrade? They are listed as an authorized Traxxion installer (plus other brands). I am going to do Racetech up front and use the stock shock with a new spring plus the braided steel adjuster line in the rear. If no one has used this guy, can you recommend a nearby, reputable suspension shop that has experience with the GW?

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
John Brooks is a nice guy, and did a great job installing my Traxxion Full Monty back in 2007. Unless things have changed, he works out of his garage and likes to have the bike for several days, as suspension work is not his day job.

·
Registered
110 Posts
GL1800 Mechanic

Anyone use Southwest Suspension for a fork and/or shock upgrade? They are listed as an authorized Traxxion installer (plus other brands). I am going to do Racetech up front and use the stock shock with a new spring plus the braided steel adjuster line in the rear. If no one has used this guy, can you recommend a nearby, reputable suspension shop that has experience with the GW?
Mike Klein owner and the mechanic of Green Valley Motorcycles is a very good mechanic and Race Tech dealer/installer......when I need any work done to my 05' gl Mike gets the job. Mike installed the Race Tech Gold Valve front suspension (and all balls steering head bearings) ...the improvment was great by the way. He works on all makes but is very comfortable w/ the gl1800.:yes1:

Mike Klein
Green Valley Motorcycles
520 West Sunset Rd.
Henderson, NV Ph# 702 558 8270

1 - 4 of 4 Posts