GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting interment signal on my head set now.

Had wife's helmet get intermittent sound for several weeks.
She would get sound for 30 or 40 minutes,than her mike would go out.
Audio perfect,just couldn't transmit.
Than it would or not come back.

Swapped helmets.
Swapped mikes.
Ect.,Ect.
Same problem.

Swapped Cord.
Problem cured.

Bought new cords from Ed.
She transmitted perfect.

NOW MY MIKE IS DONG THE SAME THING.

Swap,swap,swap,swap.
The only thing that works is using her new cords.

Please don't advise me to call "Ed"

I've done that in the past.

Don't like being treated that I'm and inconvenience because I don't have much electronic Savoy.

Will cords from a different Mfg. work.
Or do I need to scheet-can the whole set and buy new set from another vendor??

·
Registered
702 Posts
Sorry to hear you're having challenges with Ed's products.
I won't suggest that you call Ed. If it was me with this issue, I would call because he is constantly updating his products and improving quality. In my opinion, you will not find a better cord than Edsets has for the GL.
I see that you have an '06-are your cords 5 years old? I believe these cords get abused in ways that we're not aware and probably not unreasonable to replace them every few years anyway.

Regardless, good luck with your search for decent cords.

AG GL

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
If your headset is the 2G model the problem is very likely in the Helmet Connector. I have gone through several of these in just about every design that Ed has come up with. Some lasted years and some only hours. Though annoying, especially when I had two go back during a solo 12-day, 6,000 mile ride to Alaska, Ed has always been very good at replacing them, even after they ran out of warranty.

I'm sorry but I'm not terribly familiar with his 3G system. I have one but I have never installed it and changed over to a wireless Bluetooth system instead.

I suggest talking to Ed if you have not already done so. If you treat him right, he will reciprocate.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Dealing with Ed many years now ,he is the best and his products excellent to me at least , I'd call and talk to him I know he will make you happy!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts