GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like some information and input on the 3 position switch block that installs on either the clutch or brake reservoir. Specifically, the Big Bike type, part number(s) 52705LMA or 52705MA. Anyone experience any problems such as fluid leaks, water intrusion causing shorts, etc. I'm considering using this type of unit to provide a switch for a garage door opener and one to manually activate the fans.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I have had those on my wings for years without any issues. You use the same gaskets as the stock cap. Liquid from the reservoirs does not contact the electrical wires or switches.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have two on my, but they are frol Owl Lighting.. no problems

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have had them on my bike for years now, no problems.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses and input. I've placed my order from Cyclemax and am looking forward to adding more goodies.

·
Registered
6,535 Posts
I would understand a master override switch to turn the fans on when you want, but disconnecting the bike's automatic control?? Those puppies cut on and off way too often for me to even think about having a switch to flip em on n off over and over and over...

Help me understand....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not planning to eliminate the automatic function. I am simply tapping into the grounding lead that the automatic function uses so I can turn the fans on while in the low speed, bumper/bumper, parade type riding when they are automatically turned off (15-25 mph).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts