GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is supposed to rain tomorrow and the wife is out of town. Perfect day for the Zumo install. Where did you guys install the switch for the intercom. Pictures would be great!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I don't have a switch on mine. I bought "something" from Jon, he told me what I needed, some sort of cellset. My Razr phone is Bluetoothed to my Zumo. When the phone rings, I hear it over the intercome, touch the Zumo screen to answer and it automatically mutes any other audio until the call is ended.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
switch?

No switch on mine either, Jon set me up with the wiring. Have my phone set to auto answer on 4th ring, that way I dont have to do anything unless I choose to ignore the call. Works great!!

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
If you are using the 'Multi-Output' cellset kit, it includes a switch which allows you to send the GPS audio (voice, phone and music) to either the AUX input (for listening to music) or the intercom (if you want the GPS audio to be able to override any selected audio chosen). This is also the most-convenient method to use the phone interface (IMHO).

Since the switch doesn't have to be activated very often, mounting it inside the LH fairing pocket will keep it relatively accessible and out of the way.

·
Misinformed Member
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more question and I'll leave you alone. With this system and the switch the three jumpers need to be on the out terminals, correct?

Thanks Jon! Mike

·
Registered
581 Posts
This is where I put mine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I installed mine just to the left of the ignition key assembly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts