GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered this Switchblade Key from EC and while it has no additional utility whatsoever (in fact you lose access to one of your remote buttons) it is very high on the "cool factor" scale. I really like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sweet!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Which of the 4 remote buttons do you lose?

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
You loose the use of the panic feature that honks your horn. I've had mine for about two years and it still works very well.

·
Registered
19,048 Posts
looks cool

but that is a large hunk o plastic that can be bumped in to

·
Registered
281 Posts
Does a blank key come with that? I'm just imagining walmart cutting it incorrectly. I'm guessing it uses the original key.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Got one on the way. Now I need a bike. :thumbup:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Does a blank key come with that? I'm just imagining walmart cutting it incorrectly. I'm guessing it uses the original key.
I just received one of these for my recent birthday but haven't had the key cut yet. It does not use the original key.
The unit comes with a key blank and you can purchase additional key blanks if needed. The link has been provided by the OP.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It looks like the same one I have. Nice idea but I am not impressed with the quality. Anyway that's an opinion and everyone has one of those.

An important note though...if it's the same one...is that the electronics for the remote fob (buttons) function does not come with it. You need to either take the electronics from the original factory fob and reinstall in this switchblade, or buy another fob somewhere to take the ledge nice from. I bought a used Honda car fob, which uses the same internal electronics, rather than cannibalize the original gl1800 fob.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I bought one and never used it. If anyone wants it for the shipping PM me and I will look for it.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
My Equinox came with 2 of this design. I'm not a fan of it, since it is so bulky as compared to my previous vehicles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts