GL1800Riders Forums banner

Switched power?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MTShipp 
#1 ·
Anyone know where to access switched power under the seat? One that only energizes when powered on and dies when the bike is shut off?

#2 ·
There are accessory terminals located in the fues box for this purpose. They are labeled as such, there is a screw terminals for both Positive and Negative. I hope this helps. It is not advised to tap wires anywhere else without adding an isolated fuse block for risking damage the CanBus System

Reactions: Emsill63
#4 · (Edited)
Its the top left on the fuse panel, good for small loads like a GPS, otherwise as said, put a relay on it if you want to power bigger stuff like lights.
Thanks all.

I was previously trying to hook up my Owl camera but the vendor is not willing to assist with wiring requirements. I was needing to know if they needed a L-Line or K-Line connection through the DLC on the bike to the OBD from their camera for monitoring the battery status.

So I am thinking of buying the Innovv K2 but it requires a steady 12v and a switched power also. I just wasn't sure about the switching part but your replies helped me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.