GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not Amsoil, but did get the Honda brand. It does seem to shift a little quieter & easier, but that may just be my wild imagination. Almost traded for a new 06 Titanium with ABS, airbag, & the whole nine yards. But momma says NO! Besides, they still wanted too much for it IMHO, & the payments would've been just over $500.00 a month. :shock: It sure was pretty, but not that pretty, for just over $23k OTD. :shock:

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts
FYI... Honda doesn't sell a synthetic oil. What you bought is HP4, a semi synthetic. It might be 1% or even 50% synthetic, but not 100%. It's still good oil in my opinion.

You are a few 18's behind me now. You better buy yourself a '06 then a few 07's if you want to compete! LOL...

·
Registered
828 Posts
I use Amsoil, I like it and think its better then reg oil.............

My 03 has just a little over 15,000 miles on it. I do like the new orange color but have not seen it with my own eyes. But I will not upgrade, mine is payed for and its alot more fun riding without a bike payment.............

N Ga Rider

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I switched to Lucas Synthetic at 1st change on the 2005. 2 qt 10w30 and 2 qt 20w50. (looked at 1st bottle and grabbed 3 more, I guess it's 15w40 now). I don't notice much difference.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah Spiffy, you need to buy a gold wing so you know what everybody is talking about. WTF are you dude... all boots and no saddle? :roll:

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
sweet!!!!!!! :chef3:

·
Registered
214 Posts
It always shifts smoother with a oil change for about the first 500 miles. Doesnt seem to matter what type of oil it is

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
RRIXX said:
I use pure Canadian maple syrup and I have 299,000 miles on my 01. Only changed the syrup twice. It was a very sticky job.
RRIXX, I tried that, and it worked well, but, with the shipping, I couldn't afford it. I found that Funk's Grove (south of Bloomington, IL) pure maple syrup works just as well for half the cost. And, I don't have to worry about changing the crush washer, as the syrup will plug up any small leaks. :lol:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Maple Syrup runs about $50 US a gallon. Pretty pricey for me...LOL

Besides the danged flies that it attracts, can be bothersome.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Bulldog said:
Besides the danged flies that it attracts, can be bothersome.
Yeah, people might think you're riding a Harley :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
585 Posts
RRIXX said:
I use pure Canadian maple syrup and I have 299,000 miles on my 01. Only changed the syrup twice. It was a very sticky job.
We used to have a problem gettin' by the Dairy Queens. Then I used the Vermont Brand Maple Syrpil and now it's the I.H.O.P.'s we are having a problem with! :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
A couple of years ago a listing of synthetic and partial synthetics with their ratings was realeased.

HP4 was near the bottom of that list.
Golden Spectro was mid range. (That's what I use, as it is stocked at my Honda dealer. It's also the longest MC specific synthetic out there.)
At or near the top was Mobil and Amsoil.

G

·
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
It's not Amsoil, but did get the Honda brand. It does seem to shift a little quieter & easier, but that may just be my wild imagination. Almost traded for a new 06 Titanium with ABS, airbag, & the whole nine yards. But momma says NO! Besides, they still wanted too much for it IMHO, & the payments would've been just over $500.00 a month. :shock: It sure was pretty, but not that pretty, for just over $23k OTD. :shock:
It is about time your wife "put her foot down" on your reckless spending!

Mobil-1 is a better choice.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
BLK04WNG said:
Verdayne aka Wingnut said:
It is about time your wife "put her foot down" on your reckless spending!

Mobil-1 is a better choice.
Someone had to say it!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mobil one MX4T is really good. It is about $9.00 a quart, but I think it is worth every penny. Your wing will shift much smoother and quieter. You can go longer between changes, but 8,000 miles is far enough. Try it you'll like it.
Capt Bob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts